- RSS Channel Showcase 5966907
- RSS Channel Showcase 1223915
- RSS Channel Showcase 8802311
- RSS Channel Showcase 1625571
Articles on this Page
- 09/08/12--22:28: _More Photo Gallerie...
- 09/09/12--14:50: _Seeking Divine Trut...
- 09/09/12--19:50: _What Burning Man ha...
- 09/10/12--14:14: _Smart Phones on the...
- 09/11/12--11:40: _More Playa Love: Du...
- 09/17/12--20:34: _“The World’s Bigges...
- 09/18/12--10:08: _Is Burning Man Art ...
- 09/18/12--15:01: _Robot Heart goes to...
- 09/19/12--11:11: _The Dark Side of Bu...
- 09/24/12--15:07: _Burners Invade Down...
- 09/25/12--17:09: _Geeks Electrifying ...
- 10/01/12--09:49: _Burning Man Project...
- 10/02/12--10:52: _Burning Man and the...
- 10/03/12--18:08: _The Hand of Man Sma...
- 10/19/12--20:40: _Salon Proclaims: “B...
- 10/31/12--09:28: _Monday is the New S...
- 12/07/12--12:59: _We Are Not Men. We ...
- 12/09/12--09:02: _The King, the Chimp...
- 12/22/12--11:21: _The Future of Burni...
- 01/12/13--12:10: _Slouching Towards B...
- 09/08/12--22:28: More Photo Galleries and Videos
- 09/09/12--14:50: Seeking Divine Truth at Burning Man
- 09/09/12--19:50: What Burning Man has in common with a deployment to Afghanistan
- 09/10/12--14:14: Smart Phones on the Playa?
- 09/11/12--11:40: More Playa Love: Dusty Hippy Sex Diary from NY Magazine
- 09/17/12--20:34: “The World’s Biggest Party”– 15 minute TV news story from Australia
- 09/18/12--10:08: Is Burning Man Art Legit? 8 million reasons why
- 09/18/12--15:01: Robot Heart goes to Space!
- 09/19/12--11:11: The Dark Side of Burning Man – Rape on the Playa (updates)
- 09/24/12--15:07: Burners Invade Downtown Las Vegas
- 09/25/12--17:09: Geeks Electrifying Burning Man
- 10/01/12--09:49: Burning Man Project to Fuel Community+Creativity in West Oakland
- 10/02/12--10:52: Burning Man and the 4 Functions of Mythology
- 10/03/12--18:08: The Hand of Man Smashes Down Again
- 10/19/12--20:40: Salon Proclaims: “Burning Man on its last legs”
- 10/31/12--09:28: Monday is the New Saturday
- 12/07/12--12:59: We Are Not Men. We are Devo(lution)
- 12/09/12--09:02: The King, the Chimp, and the Playa
- 12/22/12--11:21: The Future of Burning Man – Millenial Ideates
- 01/12/13--12:10: Slouching Towards Burning Man
We’ve got some more videos and links to Burning Man 2012 Photo Collections for you. ePlaya is discussing “top asshat of 2012″…I can think of a few. There’s also a great collection of videos and “overheard on the Playa” stories … Continue reading
burnersxxxart car fusion curved metal big wheelsstar seedskull art cardrunk by nowpeople watching burn galen oakes
“Even if you are in a minority of one, the Truth is still the Truth” – Ghandi Welcome to another one of those long posts, that half my friends tell me I shouldn’t do because they can’t be fucked reading … Continue reading
burnersxxxpete robot heart 2012nautilusmcsatansanubis 2012Trey Ratcliff - Burning Man (27 of 51)robot-heart-speakers1File:BurningMan-picture.jpgTropical Storm Isaac is seen in this August 26, 2012 NASA handout satellite image as it approaches the Florida Keys. (Reuters)burning man stormtv on playapagan hengeButser-Wicker-Manmorehead bookshamandomeoverkill tomas 2010horus dre
The Denver Post has a great story from Burner Frances (originally written for the LA Times), a member of the Council on Foreign Relations who went to her first Burn direct from a stint as a civilian at Kandahar, NATO’s … Continue reading
burnersxxxplaya airbreaking bad moneyarmy girl
Jon Mitchell, who also writes for the official Burning Man blog, has published a piece titled The Social Network is All Around You -A Lesson from Burning Man. He raises an interesting issue: Every year at Burning Man, I have … Continue reading
burnersxxxsteampunk laptopideate 2012google goggles2
New York magazine has published this entertaining account from a 37-year old anonymous and “monogamish” woman. It’s an interesting insight into the trials and tribulations of attending Burning Man with a partner. It’s not all roses and hand jobs! 3:30 … Continue reading
burnersxxxtomas 5 goddesses
Burning Man is famous the world over, with Burners coming from all corners of the globe to check out the party. Last year one rumor was that Ashram Galactica, a turnkey camp modelled after a 5-star hotel with its own … Continue reading
burnersxxxdingo-puppies-playingtv on playa
[Update: this story is on the San Francisco TV news tonight, KTVU and CBS covered it at lunch time. Here's the ABC story: "soon what some consider an architectural gem will actually be a work of art"] Congratulations to our … Continue reading
burnersxxxbanksy hirst keep it spotlessleo and yvonnebay lightsleo bay lights 2012
Wow, two of my favorite things, together: Space Ibiza, my favorite club in the world, has published an editorial in their magazine about Robot Heart, my favorite sound system on the Playa, home of more than a few happy sunrises … Continue reading
burnersxxxrobot heart logospace editorialrobot heart 2012
We brought this issue to your attention a couple of weeks back, it’s a serious one and needs to be addressed by the community – especially as the event gets bigger and intends to fertilize its seed around the world. … Continue reading
Tony Hsieh is the founder of online commerce mega-site Zappo’s. He’s also a Burner, and he’s been working with Marion Goodell and the Burning Man Project to bring Burning Man Art to Downtown Vegas. Here’s the latest story from the … Continue reading
burnersxxxtony-hsiehvegas mantislucky lady lucy vegasburning_lucy_sized
At Burners.Me, we like to bring you commentary, facts, stories, and opinions about Burner culture from a variety of different perspectives. And one of those is the nerds. Or in some cases, über-nerds. Because these are the ones who came … Continue reading
burnersxxxnorth ieee gtcdiscofish-2011-sunrise-009
PRWeb reports that the Burning Man Project has announced something they are doing to show how Burning Man culture can transform a community. It highlights a difference between Burner thinking, and Burning Man thinking. Burning Man thinking is temporary: “we’ll … Continue reading
burnersxxxian ross container 2012West Oakland pic
After Whatsblemthepro’s amusing take on magical thinking, and our own recent look at seeking Divine Truth at Burning Man, we now have the always entertaining Caveat Magister musing on religion over at the official Burning Man blog. Could a temporary city … Continue reading
burnersxxxhello-kitty-satva-horizontal-2mylar_rain_blue_awe_500playa swimmingshiva 2008
Good news! One of my all time favorite Burning Man art pieces, the Hand of Man, is alive and well and crushing cop cars for CNet. In Taos, New Mexico. Last weekend in Taos, N.M., I watched a young girl … Continue reading
handofman1burnersxxxhand of man distancegiants palm
Has Burning Man jumped the shark? Attendance was down on last year, despite a 20% increase in population size and the organizers’ claims that it was a sold out event. Major sound camp Opulent Temple are not coming back next … Continue reading
burnersxxxbm shark jumpingburning man pbrmirth rifle
I have been meaning to sit down and write an article about pranks at Burning Man and how large they loom in our history, but someone whom I would have featured in that article decided to die this week. Paul … Continue reading
whatsblemthepropaul-addis-posterpaul addis gogglesfree paul addispaul addis gonzo gunmanbigballspaul addis uniform
Is the Counter Culture Fest Evolving or Devolving? Thus asketh the Huffington Post in a just published critique of Burning Man. An interesting question – firstly for the implicit idea that Burning Man as it is in 2012 is actually … Continue reading
Those of you lucky enough to get more than just basic cable might be familiar with RT – Russia Today. Kind of like an alternative media Fox News, they feature well respected online journalists like finance expert Max Keiser and … Continue reading
Whether it’s pronounced “Idea-ate” or “I-de-ate” or “I-di-ot”, it seems like this camp, new to Burning Man in 2012 and predominantly made up of people who’d never even been to Burning Man before, is now to be the shining model … Continue reading
Red Wedge, an online art magazine, has a lengthy story on Burning Man that is worth a read. The conclusion: The society we live in tends not to let little islands of happiness exist. It corrupts them. Hiding them in … Continue reading