- RSS Channel Showcase 1611573
- RSS Channel Showcase 9448864
- RSS Channel Showcase 4626255
- RSS Channel Showcase 2744886
Articles on this Page
- 09/21/14--12:44: _Life Lessons From B...
- 09/24/14--16:08: _Burning Man Spawns ...
- 09/26/14--00:39: _First We Take Manha...
- 09/27/14--11:06: _Creating God In The...
- 09/29/14--10:12: _Ello is AfrikaBurn,...
- 10/05/14--10:48: _Social Alchemist Se...
- 10/06/14--09:40: _“I’m Up For A Sherp...
- 10/13/14--13:24: _“Like Rome Before T...
- 10/14/14--15:14: _Burning Man’s Gift ...
- 10/22/14--09:49: _Poker Like A Rockstar
- 11/13/14--10:08: _Wharton Business Sc...
- 11/16/14--20:51: _Blazed and Confused...
- 12/04/14--12:55: _Charity Versus Tax-...
- 02/23/15--11:50: _Burning Man Hacked!
- 02/25/15--12:26: _Lie, Cheat, and Ste...
- 02/27/15--10:56: _What Comes Next?
- 06/11/15--02:39: _From Canvas Cubes t...
- 07/08/15--10:09: _It’s Hip To Be Square
- 09/03/15--14:08: _People Freaking Out...
- 09/08/15--17:42: _2015 Celebrity Sigh...
- 09/21/14--12:44: Life Lessons From Burning Man
- 09/24/14--16:08: Burning Man Spawns New Age Festivals
- 09/26/14--00:39: First We Take Manhattan
- 09/27/14--11:06: Creating God In The Digital Age [Updates]
- 09/29/14--10:12: Ello is AfrikaBurn, Twitter is Burning Man
- 10/05/14--10:48: Social Alchemist Seeks Sherpa for Startup Shenanigans
- 10/06/14--09:40: “I’m Up For A Sherpa Myself”
- 10/13/14--13:24: “Like Rome Before The Fall” [Update]
- 10/14/14--15:14: Burning Man’s Gift Economy and its Effect on Mainstream Society
- 10/22/14--09:49: Poker Like A Rockstar
- 11/13/14--10:08: Wharton Business School Uses Burning Man as Case Study
- 11/16/14--20:51: Blazed and Confused: the Simpsons Aftermath
- 12/04/14--12:55: Charity Versus Tax-Free
- 02/23/15--11:50: Burning Man Hacked!
- 02/25/15--12:26: Lie, Cheat, and Steal Your Way To Burning Man
- 02/27/15--10:56: What Comes Next?
- 06/11/15--02:39: From Canvas Cubes to Containers
- 07/08/15--10:09: It’s Hip To Be Square
- 09/03/15--14:08: People Freaking Out Over FBI Surveillance of Burning Man
- 09/08/15--17:42: 2015 Celebrity Sightings
Maya Zuckerman, “cultural hacker”, has shared 13 Life Lessons from 13 Years at Burning Man. From Huffington Post: The dust has finally settled after my thirteenth year at TTITD, “That Thing In the Desert”, the ephemeral psychedelic experience that is often … Continue reading
The New York Times has a story by Julia Allison on The Progeny of Burning Man. There are other ways to get a transformational experience than going to Black Rock City, and not every EDM festival is like Coachella. Re-blogged from … Continue reading
“Die Religion … ist das Opium des Volkes” – Karl Marx If there’s one thing Burning Man founder Larry Harvey can do, it’s wax lyrical. The New Yorker brings us a tale of how he went there and did exactly … Continue reading
burnersxxxImage: Tom Bachtell, New Yorker04-diddyburning
We’re building an artificial god. A digitally constructed consciousness simulator, with sensors absorbing all the world’s data, monitoring and tracking our every move, connected to hundreds of acres of powerful computer farms running Artificial Intelligence algorithms. Ask Siri “are you listening?”, and … Continue reading
burnersxxxsyntheist voidreligion in the makingpalin_kool-aid"It is said, Percy, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God" - Black Adder
The UK’s Telegraph has an article comparing Burning Man with the rise of the social media network Ello (I’m @zos). It seems social media has become full of squares and obsessed with monetization; so the cool kids are looking for something new. … Continue reading
burnersxxx2014 afrika burn Photograph-by-Jonx-PillemerNow that looks like a proper Burning Man style party
This year, just before Burning Man, the New York Times published an expose on rich people trying to one-up each other at Burning Man with luxury camps and paid employees. They featured an interview with an insider, Tyler Hansen, who worked … Continue reading
burnersxxxThis mountain looks pretty big...where's my sherpa?2014 alyssa arce caravancicle 2caravancicle tweet2014 bella hunter2014 bella hunter wig2014 amber nicoleOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAshervin ubershaker 2011 disruptshervin-pishevar-haircut-fab-summit-basecamp-via-chester-ngsherpa ventures new marketSome Ideating going on at Burning Mancevri kaptan 2
CBS News did a video story on “Silicon Valley Elite Accused of Ruining Burning Man”. Larry insists that they’re not, that people have been saying “Burning Man is ruined” since the beginning, and in fact every demographic migration enriches the culture. So … Continue reading
The Herald Sun is a daily tabloid newspaper in my old hometown of Melbourne, Australia. It’s the Aussie equivalent of the New York Post or the Daily Mail – funnily enough, all three publications are owned by Rupert Murdoch. They’ve … Continue reading
burnersxxxOhm Kar, from Laguna Beach. photo: Herald Sun2014 monkey manphoto: Herald Sunphoto: Herald Sun
Festpop has an article by Karli Jaenike about how Burning Man is changing the world. I’m re-blogging it here so we can then discuss it. Emphasis ours. re-blogged from FestPop It’s no secret that most festivals are a huge moneymaker … Continue reading
burnersxxxgift5-640x480Seva Cafe DMP2_Page_07dustcitydinerbm2010-vegcamp-sign-and-crowdimagespam10001ekovillages.com up-cycled art containers at [freespace]freespace mission2Put Money Where Mouth Is
Just when you thought the Burning Man virus couldn’t infect any more mainstream vertical markets, we get World Series of Poker/World Poker Tour champion Antonio Esfandiari (aka @magicantonio) writing about it for Bluff magazine. re-blogged from Bluff.com (emphasis ours): Poker Like a … Continue reading
burnersxxxantonio and friends at Burning Man
Not sure if it’s worth going into six figures of student loan debt, if this is the kind of education you’re going to get. They think “The Man” is a camp! How can a non-profit festival based on Gifting and … Continue reading
burnersxxxbm shark jumpingA camp at Burning Man.The Burning Man. Photo credit: Aaron Logan, Wikimedia Commons.
The Simpsons broke burningman.com, just from its East Coast showing. It’s been down for at least 3 hours now: kind of surprising that BMOrg didn’t have someone working Sunday night in anticipation that something like this might happen. The Simpsons has … Continue reading
burnersxxxblazing guy circlesimpsons cup cakessimpsons man el pulpo
In the comments to our BMOrg Hath Spoken article, Burner Cooter raised an interesting point. This is a slight tangent but the deal with the non profit status is really starting to irritate me as it seems to get inserted … Continue reading
zosdotorgimage: Bearman/Flickr (Creative Commons)bylaws article 1bylaws article 5bylaws article 6bylaws article 6 09bylaws 830d 03image: Dru/Flickr (Creative Commons)
The news of hackers exploiting a “back door” in BMOrg’s new ticketing system broke last week on Reddit. We covered it last Wednesday in Ticket Hell. Now, the story has been picked up by a broader media audience, with stories in … Continue reading
“Usually people are hacking to steal things…these people were hacking just to get a chance to spend $400 to get a ticket” 89.3 KPCC radio did an interview with Brian Doherty, author of This Is Burning Man, about the ticket … Continue reading
zosdotorgImage: Simon Davison/Flickr (Creative Commons)
Burning Man is dead, proclaims the San Francisco Chronicle. Grover Norquist and some hackers killed it. So, what comes next? Apparently, low tech partying with carrier pigeons in Bakersfield… Burning Man got killed by hackers and Grover Norquist. What’s next? … Continue reading
zosdotorgImage: Livin-Lively/Flickr (Creative Commons)
Business Insider has yet another “the rich are taking over Burning Man” story, this time focusing on a company that will deliver a ready-made “Container Camp” for you on the Playa. Who needs Radical Self-Reliance, when someone else can do Leave No … Continue reading
zosdotorg2015 burner bungalowekoVillages.com upcycled art containerHere's what the world's last Minister of Propaganda was all about.rolls royce art car source unknownScreenshot 2015-06-11 04.09.04Screenshot 2015-06-11 04.12.05The Occidental Oasis Econopod, marketed at the Caravansary Souk with brochures and sales assistants collecting email addressesScreenshot 2015-06-11 03.47.43bm shark jumping
Another interview from Grover Norquist, in what looks like a summertime ski lift. The Grove is now a “Burning Man aficionado” after attending once by private plane and staying up til 2:30am on a couple of occasions. He said he … Continue reading
zosdotorgi40910_fus_amsf_grover_partner_20in_20crime_16x9_1600grover at bmgrover dreamteam01-norquist-burning-man.w529.h352.2xImage: TremrImage: Fusion
Earlier in the year, VICE news published a story When the DEA Went to Burning Man, Shit Got Redacted about the DEA’s activities at Burning Man, based on a heavily redacted FOIA response. When we discussed the story in April, … Continue reading
zosdotorgImage: Beverly & Pack/Flickr (Creative Commons)Blackhawk at Burning Man. Image: Chris Olewnik
Some Burners will go “who cares”…but if you type “Burning Man” into Google and set time to “past 24 hours” under Search Tools, you will see that this is the main story being discussed on the Internet about Burning Man. … Continue reading